Understanding Fonts brings type design to graphic designers.
Events are held internationally on the following topics:
- How to earn money through type design and libre fonts
- How to use web fonts to improve your web typography
- How to design a typeface on your own
- How to design a typeface collaboratively in a group
- How to engineer a font
- How to engineer a font collaboratively in a group
- How to design typefaces and engineer fonts for screen/web use
- The history of libre software
- The history of typeface design
- The history of font technology
Event formats include presentations, lectures, personal tutorial sessions and practical classes.
Events can scale from 1 hour to 5 days, and can be run with or without computers – the minimum requirements are simply paper, pencils and a love of letters!
Host an Event
If you’d like an event in your college or city, let Dave know (email@example.com) and feel free to request a workshop in any location.